Thursday, January 14, 2016

Let Go...

As a parent my toughest challenge will be to let go my son one day and let him live his own life; let him make his own decisions, even mistakes and let him learn and mature from them.

My love for him should not become selfish and I should not chain him in my expectations. Never ever to let myself believe that whatever I did for him was a big deal or worse even to make him feel that he owes something to me. For me it was a labour of love and such labours bear no expectations.

To set him free and allow him to live life by his own choices. That is not to stop caring but stop interfering once he is old enough to know what is right and what is not.

Love after all is not binding. It is liberating.

Love is a selfless pursuit in its purest form and does not expect anything in return.


6 comments:

Shweta said...

I totally agree sir.

Shweta said...

I totally agree sir.

Shriram Venkat said...

I can remember the conversation we had after we saw the short film" god father". I hope you remember,this same we had a discussion back then.

Shriram Venkat said...

I can remember the conversation we had after we saw the short film" god father". I hope you remember,this same we had a discussion back then.

Dr. Debashish Sengupta said...

Thank you Shweta. Appreciate your comments.

Dr. Debashish Sengupta said...

Did we? My memory seems to be limited. But I am sure we will refresh this when we talk/meet again. Thanks anyways for reading and commenting.