Thursday, October 22, 2015

Far and Near

It is amazing that sometimes people who are close to you become really ' close' when they are far away. Distance of miles brings back the same simple smile on their face and turns them into their same adorable old self. With whom you would interact only occassionally when at a handful distance, you start talking to them, using technology, every morning and every evening, when they are several oceans away. Old times seem to have come back. No baggages of the past and no hangovers of the present! You yearn to meet that someone again, soon.

And then that someone flies back and is at a handful distance again! You rush to meet the old buddy that you saw again on 'Skype'. But alas! he seems to have left 'him' in an alien land when he came back. He seems to be burdened again. Old buddy, old ways, cannot be found 'near' anymore. He hath changed too!

'O' my dear you were close when far, yet you chose to be far when near!

I wish the best for you my friend but this time when you pushed me, you pushed me too far.

I will be near you whenever you need me... But now that you are so far again...so...

Bye and may you be happy.

No comments: