Monday, April 23, 2012

City City Bang Bang!

I am leaving Guwahati tomorrow and I am so glad! My recent two visits to Indore & Guwahati, one for business, the other for personal duty, have been utterly disappointing. All the more because of the hoopla around these cities. Indore touted as 'mini-Mumbai' turned-out to be a 'major let-down'. Broken roads, chaotic traffic, filthy roadsides, ugly buildings, all these and many more such adorations made it feel that in Indore, I better stay indoor! Guwahati was not better. Mosquitoes of Guwhati seemed to violently suggest that we had encroached their space. We ended-up with redder and thicker hide. My first visits to these cities concluded with resolution of not visiting them again, atleast voluntarily. Although most Indian cities characterize such chaos and unclean environs but the way bigger centers turned-out was disappointing.

For organizations, however, there is a message and an opportunity. Their employees have to negotiate all of these for coming to office and then for going back home. This is the message. Creating tidy work ambience and comfortable, ergonomic work ecospace is not only a need but also an opportunity, because even small efforts shall magnify.

Bangalore, my place and thankfully so, is calling and I am so happy that I am leaving for my city tomorrow. The city with all its imperfections is still much more livable.

(This post was written on 21st April at Guwahati)

No comments: